December 21, 2016

A Short (and possibly boring) Update

Hi :) 
Finally back after a long MIA haha but unfortunately, I will not be starting this post off happily cuz I'm currently in a terrible state right now 
(bear with my rants, in a dire need of distraction + platform to vent my frustration)

Have been having an insane skin allergy since Sunday on my face and I look really HIDEOUS
I have no idea how it happened and I can't seem to pinpoint at what exactly was the cause of it.. It started off with itchy, red and slightly raised patches on my face and I didn't put too much thought into it cuz I thought maybe it's some kind of breakout since it's almost 'the time of the month'.... so with that, I just scratched my face and inadvertently worsened it. 

Woke up the next morning and got a shock when I saw my own reflection, 'wtf are these hives looking thing on the right side of my face??' Ive never experienced anything like this before even though I have ultra sensitive skin. Oh ya one more thing, the rash seems to be spreading at a rapid rate, soon i realised the left side and my chin and forehead was also starting to have rash 
zz i swear whatever this allergy rash is, its like the Usain Bolt of the Skin Allergy Rash family.. 
damn fast la wtf?? 

Panicked and rushed over to my facial therapist for SOS, and she tried to soothe and treat my allergy, which actually worked. I felt so much better, the itch and burn wasn't as overwhelming as before and the bumps seemed to have calmed down. 
(I really love my therapist tbh, she's the sweetest and most caring person ever) 
But anyway since the allergy is really severe, it didnt last long after i got back towards the night :( My skin starting itching so much again and it started burning :( 
Soon after I realised, it spread AGAIN help :( I think the worst part is having to control and not scratch it because it will spread (duh) but like HOW??!?!? 
Even when i've got a mosquito bite i'm like the kind of person who would scratch the moment i feel a tingling itch ugh. 

Haven't been getting any proper sleep cuz the itch is so overwhelming it would prevent me from falling asleep and stop me from sleeping for more than 3hours without waking up.
Hence, as you can probably imagine, 
my physical and emotional well being is being seriously affected and compromised.. 
I also went to the doctor last night cuz it was really unbearable to witness how my condition has worsened in such a short period of time, and the clinic assistants could not even maintain their shocked expressions when they saw me... (not exaggerating) 
Like if Halloween was in December i could just go for an event without any makeup and get possibly complimented for my 'skilled' make up. 
Auntie, "WAH aiyoh girl ah what happened to your face!?!?!?! Allergy?? wah.. why like that...??" like er... ya auntie.. i know........... felt so freaking conscious alr... 
ok but anyway I got prescribed some medicine for the allergy, itch and swell and was also given a topical steroid cream that is typically used to treat skin allergies. 
I don't know what to feel cuz I'm not feeling any better and I'm still witnessing the rapid spread of rash on my face :((( Maybe i'm being impatient but :\
Apparently it is gonna take me at least 2 weeks to get well from this and some people take 4 or 5 weeks. I'm not sure if i should see the derm as well (i know im vain and paranoid) but this is so unbearable. I would post pictures of my skin condition but then I dont wanna shock anyone especially since christmas is just round the corner. 
Really hoping to recover ASAP so I wont have to cancel more plans/work shifts
My bank account is alr as low as my self-esteem. 
Sigh this makes me so sad :(((

Anyway, apart from this stupid allergy, 2016 has been a pretty fulfilling year thats filled with many new experiences, which led to further self development and discovery. 
Although it wasn't smooth sailing (lol @ me taking 3 modules during my final semester in uni at the beginning of the year instead of 5 cuz i miscounted my modules requirement) 
I ended up doing a Summer term while everyone had their hols after the semester :'( I
t was unfortunate yet epic hahah BUT it wasnt so bad cuz i got to meet new and wonderful people during that term, so thats a blessing in disguise. 
Also got to meet really lovely people during internship after I was done with summer term :) Internship wouldn't be the same without you guys hehe. 
Plus I got to go on a trip to HK with my family and that was a really good bonding experience :) 
And finally, got to go back to Europe for my grad trip with Qing and Glo!! 
Never thought I'd be back so soon, since I was there during exchange the year before. 
Once again Europe never fail to amaze me with its beauty. Being in Europe and traveling with these 2 girls was definitely fun despite it being tiring at times and I'm really happy we all managed to go on a trip tgt xoxo I will blog about my trip (HK & Europe) another time (hopefully I wont be lazy as always hahah) 

Lastly, Merry Christmas to all in advance and also have a great count down celebration with your loved ones to the New Year :) 
I hope 2017 will be an even better year for each and everyone of you, and that you'll be able to achieve the goals set for yourselves :) 
As for me, I'll be focusing on finding a FT job (hahaha about time) and on learning more about self-love and acceptance \0/ 
ok gonna end the post here cuz I'm starting to get tired 
(not sure if its the meds or just me making a subconscious excuse to justify for laziness) 
but okay hahah bye guys x

2 comments:

  1. val take care and watch your diet in the mean time k. people often forget that our skin is the biggest organ in our body. :) take more water and dun stay to too late it ain't good for your liver too. - max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Max! Even though i dont know you personally haha

      Delete