December 30, 2013

#151: Christmas || FOOD FOOD AND MORE FOOD

2 more days to the New Year!
Hello everyone!
I have totally mia-ed and not blog despite the fact that I'm having my hols now 
Have been really busy, especially with work!
I have just started working at Wine Connection Tapas Bar & Bistro as a Hostess 
And i must say that i really enjoy working although it gets really tiring with all the standing/walking, etc


Everyone's really friendly and nice there, which makes working so much better 
Love working in environments like that :)
I kinda look forward to work hahaha
(And yes i have stopped working at frolick, its been quite a long while actually)

Just one more week till school starts, i am totally not looking forward to it
Next semester is gonna be really crazy for me 
And i hope i can be 100x more hardworking than i was last sem
hahaha where art thou motivation???
But okay at least ash starts sch then too, we can finally study together!
(Previously it was me studying and him just watching or accompanying me hahaha
What a little cutie)

Alright, anyway i hope everyone enjoyed christmas!
All the good food/company and not forgetting presents!!!!!
But of course the time spent with your loved ones > presents :)
This year's christmas was special because i got to spend it with Ash! 
Yeah, both christmas eve and the actual day :)
For christmas eve, we had lunch at SONS Bacaro at chinatown :)
I swear, the food there was..... 
WOOOOH shiok damn good
hahaha totally pigged out but.... its christmas right hahahahah 
What an attempt to justify my gluttony
okay but serious la. Hahaha its super yummy
SONS Bacaro 
These were the food we ordered,
looks extremely good right???
Looks even better in real life ;)
Tastes like heaven hahhaha not kidding
k i was just really happy hahaha
And we exchanged our gifts!!!!
 Happy boy with the shirt i got him!
Gitman Brothers have really nice shirts,
and once again idk if you'll see this but BIG THANK YOU TO DARRYL!!!!
He really helped me with my gift to ash hahahaha
i am such a noob at mens clothing and stuff
but yeah, thank you!!!
Im really happy with my buy and I'm glad ash loved it :)
And we took some selflies with my not-so-clear-lose-to-iphone5-front camera
hahaha and then gave up and decided to ask the waitress to take one for us
Tada!!
Notice ash changed out of his shirt
hahahahahahaha he looks really good in it
Sigh my good taste :D
okay just kidding but the shirt is really nice!
#happiness
I, on the other hand, got a pandora!!!!
omg its really gorgeous and i loved it so much
especially the charm <3
Thank you so much baby, it means a lot to me :') 

okay anyway, i really enjoyed myself on xmas eve!
The food was really good, and it wasn't too pricey either
Definitely a good value for money!
Also, the staff there were really friendly and helpful 
and the ambience was really cosy and nice :)
Would definitely recommend this place to everyone,
you won't regret this!
mandatory #ootd shot cuz the background was so nice hahaha

Christmas was spent with my mum and sis,
hahaha cuz my mum suddenly felt like going out
and it was christmas so, why not?? 
Hahahhaa its pretty rare for her to be free + in the mood 
Plus, its been long since we've spent proper time tgt
Didn't go to town though, because we figured that it'd be super duper crowded
SO we decided to stay in the west hahhahaha
went to explore the new mall beside JEM, West gate
Hahaha there weren't a lot of good places to dine in, but its quite a pretty mall? 
Invited Ash along too (HAHAH family bonding??)
Walked around and then my sister decided to be a pig and insisted on having waffles at Borders Cafe
hahahaha like right before dinner
of course my mum couldn't say no.... hahhaha her face, so.. pitiful..
hahahahahah and anyway she's a bottomless pit so the waffles are peanuts to her
Just whack only hahaha
okay so we decided to share the waffles and got 1 savory and 1 sweet waffles
Waffles with poached eggs and honey syrup :)
This was like some milo waffles, which tasted really good!
the waffles were delicious!
But i preferred the savory one though, not a fan of super sweet things/desserts haha
This is my gorgeous mummy :)
My super 'guailan' sister and her new book 
My one and only~~
^^
After that we had dinner at 'Lao Huo Tang'
yeah like chinese food because we were too lazy to queue up at ippudo or din tai fung 
and my sister didn't want sushi tei >:( Sniffles!!!
I love sushi tei :(
okay anyway,
the food was rather pricey actually
and the funny thing is we had dinner at lao huo tang (tang = soup in chinese)
 but we didn't order any of their soup (and they are known for their soup lol)
these were what we had!
I LOVE this dish!!!!! 
One of my fav veg ever yum salted egg + century egg 
-drools-
love cereal prawn too ^^
Yay all my fav hahaha
there was also another fishy dish
but i didn't take it because it came too late and i was too busy eating by then oops~
hahahaha but okay la i would say the food heres not bad
but a little too pricey :s
hahah nevertheless! I really enjoyed dinner :)

Decided to go to town after to see and take pics w christmas lightings!
Hahaha the lightings are really pretty
sad that i can't upload those taken with the DSLR because the memory card's not w me!
I have some taken w my phone but.. obviously the quality isn't as good as..
hahahah pale in comparison 
but okay, make do
But of course, this was the brightest lighting 
Mega lightbulb queen shining bright like a **~~diamond ~~**
Hahahahaha okay kidzzz
I love you, thanks for everything <3

Christmas was great on a whole, 
i really enjoyed spending time with my loved ones!
Hope its the same for you guys :)

Anyway, if u noticed, I've actually been eating a lot
like I've always been a really picky eater!
and never really bothered trying different kinds of food
and i recently started doing so, and i must say
I LOVE FOOD
hahahahahahha i am such a foodie now
i think i am v deserving of that title
hahaha made a pact with ash to try out different cafes every week
COME AT ME BRAH
but really, i feel like I've been such a deprived child
but the bad thing is that i am eating so much and non stop
Hahahahaha disgusting right
like a food prisoner who got released recently
hahaha going cray on all dat food 
okay here are some places I've tried recently!

Ah Loy Thai @ Beach Road 
Thai steamed fish!
Tomyum seafood soup
^ Phad Thai
My favourite dish out of all three!
I haven't actually found a place that sells really good phad thai
Other than the street food i had in Bangkok
the rest I've tried were just so-so
but the one here is delicious!
it wasn't too sweet or sour,
it was just right
Could have had another plate hahahah but ok maintain pls melon
Price wise, it was alright! 
Definitely value for money 
The only bad thing about it is that it has kinda weird opening hours?
Like it closes before 8pm or smth and I'm not very sure what time they open everyday
but its a bit weird so when u go there its kinda trying ur luck too hahaha
but please go try!! Especially if u are a fan of thai food :)

Breko Cafe
It was my first time here!
okay i didn't actually have much because i was just being greedy at 1am
so ash and i decided to have supper hahahahaha
#eatingalldayeveryday
Smoked Salmon Caesar Salad
(This is the healthy but not healthy kind of food)
hahahah super step healthy but its all an illusion la
it's actually still fattening but don't care
haahaha 
Calamari!
What is eating fried food at 1am.. cray
Asking for it
hahahaha
A moment on the lips, forever on the hips?
Aiyah sian hahahahaha
"eat first talk later" i think this is nicer
hahahahha my friends would probably be shocked that I'm saying this
hahahahaha idk whats gotten into me also hahahaha 
but all i know is that i feel happier being a foodie hahaha
Thank you for sharing my supper w me even though u were kinda full from dinner bb
hahaha i know its quite torturous hahahaha ai ni

Saveur 
Finally! Have been wanting to try the food here for a long time
We didn't order much though, 
just a duck and salmon confetti and 2 bread rolls hahahah
Food was good, i really liked the salmon
not only because I'm a salmon lover but it was really fresh and juicy yum!!
Walked around FEP after for a bit, and then we felt hungry... again..?
No, actually, greedy is the right word
hahahaha so we decided to eat again... (oh no)

Sushi Bar
omgah my favorite place on earth
hahahahah i can eat there everyday!
My love for salmon will never die
Super love their salmon sashimi
Its 3 for $5
not overpriced and super worth it because its THICK AS HELL
This is like a dish i never fail to order whenever I'm here
They ran out of salad that day which was really sad because i was craving for it
i love their sashimi salad it kinda reminds me of LOHEI (CNY is almost here hehe)
but its a blessing in disguise! 
We ordered Salmon Aburi Roll instead
it tasted like HEAVEN
oh jizzus
This was $14.90, 
U MUST ORDER THIS WHEN U EAT THERE
their salmon sashimi and aburi roll is a MUST HAVE
okay i really satisfied my salmon craving this time
hahahaha yumyum
oh ya i also decided to relive my childhood
hahahahaha look at my minnie sweater
don't judge hahahaha
Mega act cute but i love it!!

okay this is the end of my 'food adventure' hahahahah
oh ya, did i mention that I have a new found love for salted egg squid...
its damn good hahahahaha
I'm such a pig.
And i really do love 'zi char' its the best shit ever
I think i had it for dinner/supper at least 4x in a week
I know i know
u must be like thinking I'm probably gonna become fat as hell
and die young because of all the high cholesterol and shit
hahaha i feel very guilty for pigging out so much
but I'm gonna gym tmrw i am hahahaha i shall attempt to make up for it
hahaha but anyway yes, zi char, its one of my new favorites!
Like super cheap and yummy,
u can order like so many dishes and feel so satisfied after
without burning a hole in ur pocket
 ^ dinner with the family today!
As usual, do u see my salted egg squid in the pic...
hahahahahha i ordered that ~.~
hehehe

okay this is the end of my post,
shall blog about my bangkok trip in dec soon when i have more time! 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment