April 29, 2015

#161: Weekend trip to Munich!

MUNICH
Last weekend was spent in Munich, my very first trip to another city thats pretty far away- 
unlike Berlin thats just an hour and a half of train ride away! 
(Funny how I now think it's 'JUST' 1.5h away when I used to complain so much about distance when I travel in Singapore.. not anymore man, realised how tiny Sg was after coming here hahaha)
On the way to Berlin!



Oh I have to mention that we came across this really cheap and wonderful ice cream shop in Berlin 
omg we fell in love with it :D
YUMZZZZ
Okay, so it was my first experience on a Megabus 
(I'm not counting the bus rides to KL during my secondary school days where I take to get to the tournaments) 
Took a pic to mark this epic virgin megabus experience HAHAHA
And the bus ride was 10 hours... (WTF)
It was so uncomfortable to be honest, 
cant even keep track of the number of times I woke up in between :\ 

Okay so after a long and arduous journey, we finally got to Munich!
Dropped our things off at our accommodation in a tiny yet cosy apartment we got through Air BnB 
(Also my first time staying in an apartment instead of hotels while being out of town)
I know I sound like some kind of country bumpkin or 'mountain tortoise' that is so disconnected with the world.. I guess I was... 
BUT it's cool because SO MANY FIRST-TIMES for me #positivity101

Spent the first day of Munich exploring some city attractions,
Also joined a free city tour but we got so bored we left in the midst of it (HAHAHA)
Well I guess we were expecting to be shown places we could go to but we were however, given a really educational tour instead of a city tour.. 
Our tour guide was going on and on about history- dont get me wrong, I don't mind history, in fact I find it interesting, BUT each corner of a place he went on for 15 to 20min and it was pretty evident that people were getting bored tbh.. I feel bad saying it but its true..... :S
Tried to focus for an hour but I guess it really wasn't possible as his 'I'll keep it short' is never short hahaha so..... made a sweet escape.... hahahaha
Anyway pictures!!
Oh can I just say we actually had lunch at an Indian restaurant
Hahaha missing Asian food was not the only reason why,
but because it was somehow hard to find food places (surprisingly) I dont know why either
Maybe it's the part we were in, which is weird because it was the city centre
Also quite difficult to find non-overpriced food so we settled for the most value for money restaurant!
And the food was reallllyyyyy yummy (I dont think it's because we were starving)
So so authentic!! 

Visited a garden in a palace nearby, super nice
Went to the English Garden after, which is one of the attractions in the city
It was BEAUTIFUL, so nice and serene
However, we were shocked by the number of naked men in their 50s basking in the sun.. lying on their backs/sides......... We kept trying to turn our heads to avoid seeing their private parts.. that didn't seem so private there... URM.... hahaha #asians
We had fun chilling and enjoying the warmth of the sun
Yes finally, WARMTH :D 
Never thought I'd enjoy the sun since I really hated it (explains why I am this fair) 
But seriously, freezing for the past 3 weeks made me so thankful for it
I felt so happy and relieved!?!?!
After some time we walked to the Beer Garden, which was just a distance away
I ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT
Really like the whole concept, such an ideal place to just sit back, relax and enjoy the lovely weather 
Also, I discovered my talent in deboning pork knuckles
HAHAHAHAHHA I offered to help kasey debone the entire knuckle
and I did such a good job that this really cute mister asked if I WAS A DOCTOR
HAHAHAHHA I died, it was so hilarious
He told me I had a great talent and couldn't help but to doubt me when I said I wasn't a surgeon
Really made my day hahahahaha
Look at it HOW CLEAN IS THAT?
Give me some credit for my first attempt please

Went for the Spring/Mini-Oktober Festival event after
It was wonderful, like the whole set up of it
So much like a mini amusement park/funfair 
Unfortunately I didn't take any of the rides there...
because I have a weak heart HAHAHA
But if you're the type of person who loves fast and scary rides 
I think you'll definitely enjoy yourself thoroughly at this event!

Hahaha I did enjoy myself though, was blessed with great company!
Also, the fireworks at the end of the event was gorgeous
Ella was really funny. "wah the fireworks are longer than our national day"
HAHAHAHAHAHA somehow I found that really funny 

The second and last day of Munich 
It was spent visiting the Nymphenburg palace, 
and short trip to check out the BMW museum (which was sadly closed) 
but we managed to roam a little at the BMW exhibition hahaha 
On the way out, 
we stumbled upon this amazing church was an extremely beautiful interior
It was just.... wow
JUST LOOK AT IT OMG?

Had lunch at another Beer Garden!!!
This one was much bigger than the previous one
Looks delicious right??
It was :P

Got to Nymphenburg Palace after, it was gorgeous as well :)
The lake was so huge and filled with swans (FIRST TIME SEEING ONE UP CLOSE), 
cute little ducks, etc
Spent quite a bit of time taking pictures there because its's just so lovely :')
However, we didn't have enough time to check out the insides of the palace since we didn't have enough time *disappointed* :'( but it's okay, because i'll surely be exploring more palaces and castles
We are definitely going to see the Neuschwanstein Castle!!!
It's at the top of my wish list :)
Here's a picture I got from the net :)
So so so pretty isn't it :') DREAMLAND
Castles are my favourites, like a fairytale :)
I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE IT

The BMW exhibition was pretty cool,
Managed to see some classic and vintage cars
And also modern ones!
Some pics of it
I loved this one, but I doubt I'll ever own one 
HAHAHAHA unless I'm a billionaire or something
But thats only gonna happen in my dreams
Also because I don't freaking dare to drive
Sigh... I'm such a loser
Hahaha oh we had dinner at KFC hahahahaha
FELT LIKE HOME
Finally, something thats available in Singapore 
As expected, it was more expensive in Munich hahaha
but we really enjoyed our meal :D

To sum up my short weekend trip to Munich, 
I would say that it is still a beautiful city filled with culture,
even though it can be difficult to find food around the area sometimes
but LOVED the beer gardens in the parks :) :)
Ultimately I think the most important factor would be the company
and I think I was fortunate to have been there with 2 wonderful girls :)
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment