April 20, 2015

#160: Weekend well spent

W E E K E N D
The weekend was really fun!
Explored Berlin for the first time on Friday (although there was one unpleasant experience.. which I will talk about in a bit) and attended an event yesterday :)

Regarding the "unpleasant experience" mentioned previously, I was stranded at one of the sub train stations in Berlin for like 2 hours because of some kind of train disruption.... 
this is apparently pretty common here :( Sigh... long story but it was 2 degrees #majorfml
It was I N S A N E L Y cold, I couldn't stop shivering :'( 
Thus as I had expected, I was down with a fever the next day :S 
But I'm certainly much better now! 
I guess my body is building resistance to the cold heh
Ah that was my first time experiencing something like that
Yeah so I was there with Ting, she's a really nice and motherly friend I must say! 
Thanks for lending me your scarf and exchanging coats with me because I was always so cold and also for looking out for me all the time :) :) :)
Other than that, the rest of the day was great!

Friday in Berlin
Had some kind of mini adventure thanks to our wonderful tour guide of the day - Aurel
Hahaha went to museums and explored various attractions in Berlin
Took pictures too but at some point I was too cold to even whip my camera out to take any
So that was quite a pity, oh well
Nevertheless! Here are some lovely pictures from friday :)
So nice right!??!?!
I love the architecture of Europe, like everything is so so amazing
Oh then we stumbled upon this "Room of Silence" while we were walking out
So we decided to check it out
Looks like that! Basically it's just a room that allows one to "escape from the bustling city and find peace" or something haha yeah so you just go in and meditate 
Our annoying silent room pic:
(Or am I the only one who looks annoying HAHA)
oh did I mention that I AM IN LOVE WITH DONER 
It's a Turkish food like kebab but even better
I've never been a fan of kebabs but doner is just... irresistible :P
Okay so Aurel brought us to this pretty known place in Berlin to try their doners that are supposedly "Better than Frankfurt Oder's" - which was true... 
but I still find both doners nice :D
I think I love it too much to find any difference hehe
Selfie with the love of my life 
Ah yes I also tried Clubmate- a typical Berlin drink 
It's kinda like carbonated tea? Hahaha sounds weird but it's actually pretty good
Or at least to me- I liked it #TRUEBLUEBERLINGIRL
Kay so we decided to take some berlin hipster looking pic after lunch along the streets of berlin
(NOT MY IDEA) 
HAHAHAHAHHAHA come on its quite cool.. no..?
Oh oh! Also got to see this!!!
Beautiful panoramic view from the top of the hill
And lastly, man made WATERFALL 
<3

Sunday at the Open Air Festival 
It was a pretty chill event on a sunday afternoon
Hot dog buns and beer and good company 
However, as usual it was a little too cold (SIGH)
Li jie had to go back to her dorm to change into something warmer
HAHA thankfully she lived just a block away from the event venue
Anyway I'm glad to have attended the event especially since it was for a good cause!
#FORTHEKIDS
Yeap, kids :D I love kids wooooo
Thanks for the wonderful time guys <3 
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment